Which is the best espresso machine under 1000 dollars? Are you looking for an espresso machine that will give you Barista-quality espresso from the comfort of your kitchen on a budget?
This article gives a detailed review of the ten best espresso machines available in the market today. Have a look.
If you make a purchase through any links on Coffee Brew Mag we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read the full Disclosure here.
At a Glance: Best Espresso Machine Under $1000
- Breville the Barista Pro Express
- De’Longhi ECAM22110SB Espresso Machine
- Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Jura 15215 D6 Coffee Machine
- Philips 1200 Series Fully automatic Machine
- Gaggia Anima Prestige coffee machine
- Gevi 20 Bar Automatic coffee machine
- Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine
- Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine
- Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch
Quick Summary: Best Espresso Machine Under 1000
10 Best Espresso Machine Under 1000 Dollars
Breville the Barista Pro Express
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
Are you looking for a pocket-friendly espresso machine with the ability to deliver high-quality coffee with a robust and irresistible flavor? Look no more, Breville, the Barista Pro Express got your back.
With its intuitive controls, outstanding digital temperature control (PID), and advanced dose control grinding, this semi-automatic machine delivers exceptional, cafe-style espressos in under a minute.
- A built-in, conical coffee grinder that grinds directly into the portafilter for a perfect espresso
- Advanced digital temperature control ensures the right water temperature is delivered for optimal flavor extraction.
- Intuitive grind dial that allows you control over the grind size
- A powerful steam wand that gives you extra micro-foam for your drink and enhances the flavor
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: De’Longhi ECAM22110SB Espresso Machine
- This automatic coffee maker has a professional burr grinder with 13 adjustable settings grinds fresh beans every time to ensure maximum freshness. You can also use pre-ground in the second chamber. Your choice of regular, specialty or decaf.
Although it’s among the most expensive on this list, the De’Longhi ECAM22110SB coffee machine will offer you great value for your money.
This model comes with a one-of-a-kind brewing technology that grinds coffee beans before brewing allowing you to extract the optimal aroma and freshness. It’s also well-made, with a clean, sleek look and high-quality materials that ensure durability.
Related: 9 Best Keurig Coffee Makers
- Manual frother that mixes steam and milk for a rich, creamy froth
- It has two stainless steel boilers for an even distribution of heat
- A programmable burr grinder that allows you to choose desired fineness level.
- Easy to use control panel that allows you to customize temperature, brew strength, and cup size
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Rancilio Silvia Espresso Machine
- Ergonomic porta filter handle same as the proven design of Rancilio commercial machines
Take your espresso-making adventures to a whole new level with this mid-range super-automatic espresso machine.
The coffee machine is made from a mix of stainless steel panels and an iron frame for long-lasting durability and sleek appearance. It also comes with an ergonomic portafilter optimized to achieve total extraction.
- Commercial-grade group head for ensuring heat stability and optimal extraction
- Chrome-plated brass boiler for excellent steaming power
- Ergonomic portafilter to help achieve complete extraction
- Articulating stainless steel steamer for production of perfectly steamed milk
- A commercial-grade steam knob that allows a range of power adjustment
- Stylish appearance with long-lasting durability
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Jura 15215 D6 Coffee Machine
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Cable length : 43 in / 1.1 m
This high-tech, automatic, bean-to-cup espresso machine carries the day when it comes to quality and ease of brewing. Jura D6 uses the pulse extraction process resulting in producing from a rich espresso with an excellent crema.
It also comes with a one-switch operation, a height-adjustable dispenser, and a semi-automatic milk frother for smooth microbubbles.
- Plain text display or Smart connect App control for easy operation
- It’s a versatile machine with the ability to make espresso, cappuccino, and coffee
- Adjustable water level, temperature, and coffee strength which allows customization
- Fast and precise AromaG2 integrated grinder
- Large 64-ounce removable water tank
- Stainless steel thermoblock heating system, which allows two brewing temperatures.
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Philips 1200 Series Fully automatic Machine
- Easily make 2 delicious coffee drinks from fresh beans, exactly the way you like it with a touch of a button
This is an unbelievably easy-to-use machine with the ability to give various drinks at the touch of a button.
The coffee maker offers instant alternatives for espresso, hot water, coffee, Americano, and espresso lungo. Additionally, it provides three different aroma strength levels, 12 grind variations, and three temperature settings to choose from.
- High-speed LatteGo system for a silky smooth milk foam
- 12-step adjustable ceramic burr grinders allowing you to adjust to your preferred grind
- Intuitive and easy to use one-touch display
- It comes with three aroma strength and temperature settings
- Removable brew group for easy cleaning
- Aquaclean water filter that allows up to 5000 cups without the need for descaling
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Gaggia Anima Prestige coffee machine
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Filter type:Reusable
This classy yet easy device comes with three temperature control settings, a removable 60 oz water reservoir, and a bean hopper. Better yet, the machine offers you various drinks to choose from as it can be programmed to offer lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, and espresso.
- Temperature control function with three temperature setting options
- Programmable offering brewing options for lattes, espressos, macchiatos, and cappuccinos
- Easily accessible and removable water reservoir plus bean hopper
- One-touch brewing and frothing with bean to cup feature
- An LCD screen for the display of settings and allow easy modification
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Gevi 20 Bar Automatic coffee machine
- 【STYLISH&DURABLE】- Clear functional buttons and beautiful white appearance, which ideal for all types of kitchen counters.
Constructed with 20 high-pressure bar pumps, this automatic machine will offer you a fast and stable extraction to produce espresso with a sweet aroma. You will enjoy a simple coffee-making process as the machine comes with an LED screen with illuminated icons enabling you to view your settings.
- It offers three special functions which allow you manual-control the amount of coffee yourself.
- Advanced 1350 watts thermoblock fast heating system for quick heating time and brewing
- Manual steam wand with the right steam pressure for stable steam control
- 20-bar high-pressure pump for fast and stable extraction
- NTC intelligent temperature control system with two separate thermostats for an ideal milk foam
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Calphalon Temp iQ Espresso Machine
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
This automatic, easy-to-use machine has all it takes to make a great cup of espresso at an affordable price. The espresso maker has kept things so simple that even an individual with zero experience in espresso-making will pull out a great espresso shot.
It comes in an elegant stainless steel design with thermoblock heating technology, PID temperature control, and a 15-bar pressure pump.
- Thermoblock fast heating system and advanced PID temperature control that allows optimum extraction
- 15- bar Italian pressure pump delivers ideal pressure for maximum flavor extraction
- Removable 2L water reservoir for easy refilling
- Dial interface that allows you to select steam, hot water, single, or double shots
Best Espresso Machine Under 1000: Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted.Tamping : Manual removable magnetic tamper. Portafilter : High quality 54mm portafilter.
Do you wish to take your espresso-brewing adventures to the next level? This coffee maker will take you there. The machine is packed with features that make it supreme not only in functionality but also in design.
Related: 10 Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker
Using a low-pressure pre-infusion technique and with an array of accessories plus various customization options, the machine delivers on its promise of quality espresso with a silky, creamy, and perfect crema.
- Integrated stainless steel Thermo coil heater with PID temperature control
- An auto purge that ensures extraction at the right temperature
- Low-pressure pre-infusion to help with even extraction
- Volumetric and shot controls to give you precise espresso dose
- The manual steam wand that allows milk texturing
- Pressure gauge for monitoring pressure during extraction
Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
Are you looking for an espresso machine that can make you coffee in the shortest time possible? The Breville barista touch got your back. With its Thermojet system, you will be able to heat your cup in just three seconds. Quite impressive, right?
Better still, the machine allows you to customize your coffee drink by adjusting the coffee strength, temperature, and milk texture.
- Innovative Thermojet heating system for a faster heating time
- An auto steam wand for automatic microfoam milk texturing
- Simple touch screen display for easy operation
- Digital temperature control that ensures optimal extraction
- Integrated precision conical burr grinder with dose control to deliver the correct amount of coffee
Overall Best Espresso Machine Under 1000 Dollars
Our choice for the overall best espresso machine is the Breville Barista Pro Express espresso machine. This machine is not only lowly priced but also feature-packed, and it’s designed to give you an outstanding espresso experience.
Additionally, it prides itself in higher espresso extraction, grinds size dial, hands-free operation, and a manual cappuccino system that you can adjust to improve the foaming process. It allows you to make thick and long-lasting foams for lattes, flat white, or cappuccinos.
Better still, it allows you to choose the strength of your coffee, temperature, and cup size. What else could be better? But if you are on a budget, here are the 10 Best Espresso Machines Under $100 that will work for you.
Espresso Machine: Buyer’s Guide
Let’s dive in.
Types Of Espresso Machines
Lever Driven Espresso Machine
These machines give you control over the extraction time and temperature, plus you’ll need to push a lever and control the pressure by yourself.
Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
These machines eliminate the need to control the brew time manually. They can halt the flow of water automatically. However, you’ll still need to grind and tamp your beans.
Super Automatic Espresso Machine
Super-automatic machines handle everything for you. They grind the beans, measure, fill and tamp them into a portafilter.
Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
These machines allow you to manually regulate certain key elements for making great espresso, including water flow, pressure, and grinding process.
Advantages of Using An espresso machine
Easy to store
Most espresso machines under $1000 are compact in design and don’t take up much of your kitchen space.
Saves you money
Investing in an espresso machine will save you money in the long run. The daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly amounts you spend on coffee will eventually pile up to a huge figure.
You’ll be able to enjoy a variety of high-quality drinks with an espresso machine, including lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, among others.
Things to Consider When Buying An Espresso Machine
These are some of the essential things to consider:
Ease of cleaning
Dirt build-up can alter the taste of your coffee, which you don’t want, right? It’s therefore essential to go for an easy-to-clean machine.
Easy of use
Some machines can be quite complicated to use and require some level of expertise to handle. As such, you should get a machine that’s relatively easy to use.
Size and weight
Consider the available space in your kitchen for storage and the need to move or lift the machine.
What You Can Make With An Espresso Machine
This is a small serving of a full-flavored, concentrated kind of coffee. It is made by forcing pressurized hot water through finely-ground coffee beans.
It’s essentially an espresso drink, topped with a small amount of foamed milk to allow the taste of espresso to shine through still.
A cappuccino is made from a perfect balance of espresso, steamed milk, and foam. All three elements are split into equal thirds.
Mocha is the short form for a mocha latte or Caffe mocha, simply the regular latte with added chocolate syrup.
A latte simply refers to coffee with milk. The two primary ingredients involved in its making are espresso and steamed milk.
How To Make The Perfect Espresso In Some Easy Steps
This is how to make an espresso in simple steps:
- Clean the portafilter
- Measure the right amount of coffee ground
- Make sure the coffee ground is evenly distributed
- Add the coffee ground to the portafilter and tamp
- Brew and extract
Tips on how to brew espresso at home
Always preheat your machine.
For the best brew, preheat your cup, machine, and a portafilter.
Use soft or filtered water.
Hard water will create limescale buildup, damage your machine, and tamper with the drink’s taste.
Steaming milk is a fine science.
Learn how to steam your milk at the right temperature properly. The ideal temperature is between 139-149 degrees. Temperatures that are above or below this will not result in desired microfoam.
Tips For Using An Espresso Machine
These tips will ensure that your machine gives you service for long:
Read through the manual: This will give you instructions on how best to put the machine into use for the best results.
Properly and regularly clean the machine: Clean your machine monthly if you use it daily. This will ensure it functions optimally.
best espresso machine under 1000: FAQs
What is the best espresso machine under 1000 Dollars?
With a budget of not more than $ 1000, the Breville Barista Express is a great option. It’s impressively packed with unique features for its pricing range, plus it’s sturdy.
What is the best espresso machine on a budget?
The Breville Barista Express is the best espresso machine if you are on a budget. Despite being low priced, this machine has excellent features and produces a high-quality espresso.
What is the most reliable espresso machine?
The Phillips 3200 series espresso machine is the most reliable on this list. With its intuitiveness and a single touch button, the machine can give you a variety of drinks.
Why are espresso machines so expensive?
Espresso machines are made up of highly technological elements that require a high level of competence to handle. These numerous complicated elements make these devices quite pricey.
How do I choose a good espresso machine?
You’ll need to evaluate the machine based on its size, cost, capacity, programmability, user-friendliness, ease of storage and compare these with your needs to determine the one that best addresses those needs.
Is an expensive espresso machine worth it?
Yes. An expensive espresso machine is worth it. This is because the inconveniences caused by a substandard and cheap device that can’t last long is more.
How long does an espresso machine last?
On average, an espresso machine can last between 5-15 years. If well taken care of, the device can last longer than this.
Wrapping Up The Best Espresso Machine Under 1000 Dollars
You don’t have to be a barista with tons of experience to enjoy a high-quality cup of espresso. All you need is a good espresso machine for you to make cafe-quality drinks from the comfort of your home. Additionally, you don’t need to break a bank for this. With less than $1000, you can get yourself a worthy machine.
Well, there’s our comprehensive list of the best espresso machines under $1000. Identify your needs and make your choice. If you’re still unsure what to go for, we recommend you try our top pick for the best: the Breville Barista Pro Express machine. Best of luck!
Other articles you may be interested in:
Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by Shevy